The Porsche 911 SC Targa below is offered for sale on behalf of a customer.
(All detail photos at the bottom of this page)
Foto copyright Porsche Rescue 911
Description of the Porsche 911 SC Targa
The overall condition of this 911 SC Targa is very good and all documents are present.
This car received a cosmetic restoration and conversion for several years.
The body is in original condition and was completely repainted in a gray color.
The original bumpers were replaced by polyester ones in an 'IROC' look. The windscreen was replaced and the black vinyl Targa roof was replaced by a carbon copy.
The car has its original Fuchs alloy wheels 6 + 7 x 16 in reconditioned condition.
The tires are Continental, front 205/55 ZR16 (91Y) and rear 225/50 ZR16 (92Y) in good condition with > 6 mm profile.
An original "emergency spare wheel" is present.
The engine compartment is in original, clean condition and the insulation mat has been renewed.
The trunk was equipped with a spring bridge. Exhaust and heat exchangers were completely renewed.
The interior was partly renewed. The seats and interior panels are in imitation leather, the door trims are of the "lightweight look" type. The dashboard has been renewed in black plastic and in very good condition. The floor covering in black carpet was renewed.
Sportier aluminum attachments were placed on the pedals and a Momo prototipo sports steering wheel.
- Type: Porsche 911
- Version: SC Targa
- Colour: Gray - (the original color of this car was black metallic (code 708)
- Interior: Black with a black carpet carpet
- Year: 1979
- Miles: 93,247
Explanation of this VIN:
911 : model 911
9 : model year 1979 (production from August 1978 to July 1979)
2 : United States version
1 : Targa . body shape
0782 : serial number of this car.
This is the 782nd of this series out of a total of 2013 copies in that year of construction.
This is an engine of the correct type and year and the original "matching numbers" engine number of this car.
Engine type 930/04, engine number *6290929*.
6-cylinder boxer, air-cooled, placed longitudinally at the rear,
2994 cc, 132 kW / 180 hp naturally aspirated engine with petrol injection.
This is a gearbox of the correct type and the original gearbox number of this vehicle.
Gearbox: 5-speed manual gearbox that drives the rear wheels.
Gearbox type 915/61
Gearbox number 719 3702.
The attached Documents:
- Registration certificate dated. 26/08/2015 in the name of the client.
- Inspection certificate issued by BTC Kontich dated. 03/09/2020 at 93053 miles.
(The vehicle was periodically inspected as an old-timer without comment with inspection valid until 01/01/2022.)
- Old US title
- Various invoices in recent years for conversion and restoration
* 12/12/2015 - dismantling and miscellaneous - 4,852 - Vintage Garage
* 01/03/2016 - fully repainted - 8,044 - Vintage Garage
* 25/11/2016 - full assembly after painting, reupholstered dashboard, new headlights, overhaul brakes,
rims overhauled, 4 new tires Continental - 3,040 - Vintage Garage
* 12/11/2017 - Exhaust muffler - 1,593 - Vintage Garage
* 16/08/2018 - Carbon Roof - 750 - Vintage Garage
* 08/05/2019 - Petrol line - 1,382 - Vintage Garage
* 05/08/2020 - Various work - 4,570 - Porsche Rescue 911
* 03/09/2020 - Various work - 2,548 - Porsche Rescue 911
* 13/02/2022 - Heat exchangers, muffler - 4.417 - JW Classics
* 11/10/2022 - Various work - 1,369 - Porsche Rescue 911